Skip to main content

New Zealand SI (Part 4): Milford Sound one day tour

We booked a one day Milford Sound tour with Jucy from bookme website at a discounted price, starting of from Te Anau. The bus picked us up from our Te Anau accommodation, Shakespear House Bed and Breakfast at 815am. The group was small, only 7 of us.

One thing to note is that along the road to Milford Sound and at Milford Sound and on the cruise, our phone has no reception at all even though we bought the NZ SIM card from Spark.


The guide stopped at many points along the drive from Te Anau to Milford Sound for us to take photos.


The Mirror Lake


Can you see the sign Mirror Lake purposely placed as the mirror image?


Back in the bus, I took some photos too.


After a while, the bus stopped and we were captivated by the beautiful scenery around us.



We were booked for the 1115am cruise. Hence, the guide left a few scenic points for the return journey. We arrived at Milford Sound at 11am. The guide told us that at 1pm, it would be very crowded as the tours from Queenstown would have arrived so we avoided the crowd :)


The guide gave each of us a cruise ticket and a voucher to redeem a pita on the cruise. There were many small small flies, not sure if those were sandflies, at the deck while we were waiting to board the cruise and also at the top level of the cruise. But the flies disperse when the cruise start moving. The winds were too strong for the flies to handle. Haha. We were not bitten by these small small flies even though we did not apply insect repellent. I'm not sure if these were the legendary notorious sandflies or we were just lucky that they did not bite us. Lol.


The cruise starts!



Bowen Falls



Wind was too strong. Hide behind the pillar haha

Cutie seal!

We were so close that the water hit us! Shiok! Haha
Close up with the waterfall!





Our cruise ended at 1pm and we boarded the bus for our journey back to Te Anau and some stops at the scenic places.

The Chasm
It's a 20 mins return journey to walk to the Chasm from the car park. It a nice short walk with lots of small small flies which I dunno if they were sandflies.





At the carpark of Chasm, we saw many Kea too!




On the return journey, just after Homer Tunnel. The guide stopped for about 20 mins for us to take photos and walked to the snow patches to act as if we were on glacier hahaha.



Lake Gunn



Our guide was an expert in skipping stones!


We arrived back at Te Anau at 4pm and that ended our one day Milford Sound Tour!

There's another less known but bigger one called the Doubtful Sound. It's more inaccessible as compared to Milford Sound. It could only reached via helicopter or overnight cruise. If you have the time, you might wanna check it out!

We slowly made our way back to Queenstown, stopover for a night, and set off to Franz Josef Glacier!

Below are some shots we took on our way back to Queenstown! Enjoy! And stay tune for the last part, part 5 Franz Josef Glacier, Hokitika Gorge and Castle Hill!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has