Skip to main content

Foodie in Hong Kong

Went for a Hong Kong trip for a short 4 day 3 night getaway. I’m definitely not a fan of crowds and ‘rushing for time’ city so I don't really like travelling in Hong Kong that much. I find that the only thing that attracts me is food, food and food!

再兴烧腊饭店 (Joy Hing Roasted Meat)
Address: Chong Hing Building, 265-267 Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
How to get there: Alight at Wan Chai MTR station (exit A4) and walk along Hennessy Road. You will need to cross the road.


It’s a very small eatery and it gets crowded during lunch or dinner hours. You might have to share a table with others, and you cannot sit there and chit chat after you have finished your food. There are other customers waiting for your seat. 


We ordered a plate of charsiew and roast duck rice, a plate of chicken rice, a soup and an additional small plate of charsiew for only 60 HKD! Free flow of tea provided!


Look at the charsiew, it's so shiny and tender looking. Slurppp!


Lin Heung Teahouse (莲香楼)
Address: 160-164 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong
How to get there: Sheung Wan MTR station (Exit E2), walk pass the square, and then you will see a small lane with slopes. Cross the traffic lights and walk up the small lane until you see the signboard 莲香楼. 

At the shop front, you might think that it is selling pastries and traditional cakes, you have to walk up the stairs to the dim sum eating place. We missed this place and walk one big round back here as we were fooled by the shop front and thought it’s just a shop selling pastries. 

Once up there, notify the waiter there and he will find you a seat. Again, you will have to share the table with others. It is always crowded regardless of the time of the day. To get the food, you can either wait for the carts to reach you or just go up to the cart and grab your food, like what many others did. 



Remember to take your dim sum card along so that they will chop on it when you take a dish. Those popular dim sum are always out of stock and we didn’t manage to eat the standard har gow there. They have some special creations which we didn't try before in Singapore.


Steam pork stomach which is quite flavourful but I felt it's quite an acquired taste

Steamed version of carrot cake. It's surprisingly quite yummy.
Generally, the dim sum was quite nice. But again, it was a crowded eatery where we have to snatch with others for food to eat. I personally don't really like such a feeling. 

Hing Kee Restaurant 
Address: Temple Street
How to get there: Yau Ma tei MTR station, Exit C, turn on to Temple Street at Man Ming Lane
 

I love the fried oyster egg here! It’s different from Singapore style, it’s so crispy and juicy. The claypot rice is also yummy too! It's a DIY claypot rice where you have to add the sauce and mix the rice and the ingredients yourself.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has