Skip to main content

Iceland (Part 4) - Golden Circle

On our way to the Golden Circle, we saw horses along the road and stop by to take some photos of the beautiful horses.



Gulfoss
Upon reaching Gulfoss, we saw monster trucks again.



There is no need to pay any entrance fee. We need to walk for around 5 to 10 mins along the pavement to reach Gulfoss.



There's one more pavement where people can walk to get nearer to the plunging falls. However, the pavement was closed when we were there as it was too slippery and dangerous to walk. Anyway, I was freezing cold and we only managed to stay outdoors for 20 minutes before we head towards the hut which sells some drinks, snacks and souvenirs.

Geysir
Next stop of the Golden Circle is Geysir, which was around 10km from Gulfoss. No entrance fee is required as well.


Walking along the pavement, it was misty everywhere in the Geysir National Park due to patches of bubbling hot geyser water on the ground.


There are 2 geysers in Geysir National Park. The Geysir is the bigger one which can shoot boiling water up to 70 metres in the air, but it erupts quite infrequent, probably about once an hour. The other smaller geyser, Strokkur Geysir is located 50 metres from Geysir. Strokkur erupts quite frequently at about once every 5 minutes and sends boiling water up to 30 metres in the air. The eruption comes unexpectedly, scaring me each time when it erupts with a loud 'Bomb'. You must already have the camera prepared in your hand because you won't be able to react and take photos when it suddenly 'bomb'.


Before leaving Geysir, we saw a snowman made of nachos and cashew nut. Hahaha.


While driving to Thingvellir National Park which was located 55km from Geysir, we saw a dreamy scenery which looks like a fairyland to us.

This photo was dreamy and beautiful, isn't it? We felt like we were in fairyland when we were admiring this scenery live, when we were there.
Thingvellir National Park
No entrance fee is required at Thingvellir as well. After parking our car, we walked along a long pavement of the Thingvellir National Park which is the rift valley caused by the continental drift between the North America and Eurasian plates. There are high rock cliffs surrounding the pavement.




Other than experiencing a walk along the rift valley and admiring the scenery of Lake Thingvallavatn, there's nothing much there. We are actually not able to see nor feel that the location we are at is actually the rift valley of 2 continental plates drifting apart, it's just like any ordinary path to me. But I guess we are too small to see the full picture of the 2 continental plates drifting apart, and if we really get to witness the crack of the drift, we would probably be devoured by the molten lava flowing out and won't be alive.

Lake Thingvallavatn in the background
Again, I am freezing cold after the walk. Brrrrrr.. And took a shelter in the tourist information center at Thingvellir National Park.

After a day's tour around the Golden Circle, we checked in to our accommodation for the night at Héraðskólinn Hostel. The hostel was located in the heart of the Golden Circle at Laugarvatn and it's exterior looks like a beautiful mansion with majestic mountains in the background.


In the hostel, there are many antiques and old stuff displays that caught our attention.


National Geographic for year 1978.
And we settle our dinner in the hostel as well.

Arctic Char. This is quite a popular fish in Iceland, which resembles and taste like Salmon, except that it has a stronger fish taste than Salmon.
Reindeer meatballs. The taste is quite similar to IKEA meatballs. LOL.
Tonight, we saw northern lights again! At around 9 plus at night, this was our 3rd sighting in Iceland. This is the strongest aurora sighting we had in Iceland, in the comfort of Héraðskólinn Hostel. The northern lights was dancing behind the mountains.


After a while, hubby decided to stop taking photos and just admire the beautiful dancing northern lights with me. I have seen the most beautiful northern light sighting tonight. The northern lights was dancing gracefully in the dark sky and we saw it changed colors with our naked eyes! While moving, the colors turned from green to purple! We were so excited! This lasted for a few minutes before the lights became weaker.

Other than being mesmerized by the beauty of northern lights, the sunrise of Iceland is beautiful too. Look at the gradual change in the colors of the sky during sunrise in Iceland. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful!






After day breaks, we drove along the road and saw the dogs resting after the dog sledge activity.


Wow! Look at the beautiful patterns on the snow blown by winds.


That pretty much sums up our tour in Iceland. I am soooo reluctant to leave this beautiful place.

Okie, ending this post with our jumping shots!


My jumping pose looks a bit weird though. Hahaha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has