Skip to main content

Paying your wedding banquet bills

We regretted not doing any research about paying banquet bills until we were asked to make the payment. That's a mistake we made and we hope to share this.

One of the best cash back credit card is the Manhatten World Mastercard, which you can get up to 3% cash back up to a maximum of $800 a year! If the remaining cost of your banquet after deducting the deposit is above $36,000, be sure to ask if the hotel can let you pay by monthly installment when you make the deposit to secure the date and venue. 

Why is it that only when the remaining cost of your banquet is above $36,000, it is then worth using the Manhatten credit card, and why must it be paid in monthly installment? Because,
1. In order to get the 3% cash back, your monthly spend will need to be at least $3000. Otherwise, the cash back will be only 0.5% and 1% for monthly spending amount between $1 to $999 and between $1000 to $2999 respectively; and
2. There is a catch, the maximum cash back earned and received per quarter is capped at $200. 

Because of this cap, even if you made the full payment of $36,000 on your wedding day, for example, you can only get $200 cash back even though 3% of $36,000 is $1080.

Imagine you have a Manhatten card, and you charged a monthly installment of $3000 for one year period. You would have earn the full $800 cash back!

We were lucky that Swissotel accepts a maximum of 4 credit cards for the full payment and we sought help from friends who have Manhatten card to help us earn the $200 cash back. But even so, we thought the best solution would be to pay the banquet by monthly installment to earn the maximum cash back.

What if the remaining cost of your banquet after deducting the deposit is less than $36,000? No worries, there's UOB One Card for your cash back.

There are 3 tiers for UOB One Card rebate: $300, $800, $1500

Min RequirementPurchases made with UOB One CardRebate Earned
Statement date15 Aug15 Sept15 Oct15 Nov
Total minimum monthly spend tiersiS$300S$300S$300S$30
ii.S$800S$800S$800S$80
iii.S$1,500S$1,500S$1,500S$150
Minimum number of purchases per statement period.333 

* The above table was copied from UOB website.
# Remember, as the requirement to get the cash rebate is to have a minimum of 3 purchases a month, you will need to use your UOB One card twice a month in addition to the monthly installment of your banquet.

In this case, if your monthly installment is $1500, you will earn cash rebate of $150 every 3 months!

Take note that in order to pay the cost of the banquet using installment plans, you must have sufficient funds in your bank to pay off the credit bills every month!

One last thing to take note. If it is already too late to change to payment by installment plan when you are reading this post, please remember to call the credit card company to ask for an increase in credit limit at least a week before your wedding banquet.

Hubby and I only remembered it 2 days in advance and hubby had a hard time dealing with Citibank on the credit limit increase. In the end, we used 4 Manhatten credit cards for the banquet payment, thanks to the help from our friends :D



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has