Skip to main content

Ristorante Da Valentino

We initially wanted to go Dozo for our 4 year "together" anniversary dinner (need to state "together" because we got many anniversaries to celebrate, got "together" anniversary, proposal anniversary, ROM anniversary and wedding anniversary. We got so many celebrations in a year hor!! Hahaha) Anyway, Dozo was closed for renovation until Sept. So hubby found another restaurant to go. It's Ristorante Da Valentino at Turf City.

It was already fully booked inside the restaurant so we had an alfresco dinner. The restaurant really gave us the Italian feel when we were there. Even the doors and the windows resemble Ristorante Da Enzo, a restaurant which we frequent when we were in Italy.


The food. Oh my god!!! It's so so yummy!! Ever since we're back in Singapore, we've not had such nice Italian food!! We missed these tastes so so much!

Even the bread was awesome! It smells so nice! It's served warm and it's crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. We were given a small bowl of pesto sauce to dip the bread. We finished the bread even before our appetizer came. Haha.


We ordered the buffalo mozzarella cheese with cherry tomatoes and rucola (rucola is rocket in Italian) as appetizer. This dish was super yummy!!! The cherry tomatoes were so sweet and juicy! I loved to eat rucola when I was in Italy but the rucola that I've tried in Singapore so far tasted bitter. But the rucola in this dish is so fresh and tasted exactly like what I had in Italy! The buffalo mozzarella cheese was delicious too! We were so satisfied with our appetizers and were so looking forward to the main courses.



We ordered squid ink pasta with chunks of crab meat in creamy tomato sauce and beef steak as main courses. The taste of the creamy tomato sauce again resemble what we had in Italy! We were super happy lah! And the chunks of crab meat were so fresh, sweet and juicy!! We were licking the sauce on the plate lor! That's how nice it was.

The beef steak was heavenly too!! When the waiter was holding our beef steak on the hot plate and walking towards us, we could already smell the fragrant of the beef steak. When we eat it, the meat was so tender and juicy. Nom nom nom.



The food was so nice that we would still eat it if there's one more piece of steak or one more plate of pasta, even thought we were already very full hahaha. We totally heck calories for that dinner.

Tiramisu was our dessert for the day. We missed the taste of tiramisu we had in Italy. Since the appetizer and main courses lived up to our expectations, we were looking forward to a yummy dessert too. But the tiramisu was quite a disappointment. It's very expensive, but it didn't taste as good as the ones we had in Italy. Although it's still nicer as compared to the tiramisu in other cafes in Singapore.


Verdict: 8.5/10. Would have given it a 9.5 if it's not so expensive. This meal cost us about $200. But we'll definitely return la. We miss the food!!

Oh, forgot to mention, the toilets have nice decor too! Very European style. Okie, that's all for this post.

Ciao!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has