Skip to main content

Being away from Singapore..

Being away from Singapore for more than half a year, there are times when I felt happy that I'm not in Singapore but there are also times when I hope that I'm in Singapore.

I hope that I'm in Singapore when there're family or friends gatherings and they send me pictures of the gatherings and the food they eat. I do miss the outings with family and friends a lot because over here, I hardly have any friends that we can hang out together. There's only my hubby here. In fact, my hubby also misses his family and friends gatherings. So ya, both of us miss meeting our friends and family la. It's quite bored that everyday you meet and see the same person right?

Other than family and friends, the other time when I hope I'm in Singapore is when I see pictures of Singapore food in my Facebook or Singaporean bloggers blogging about food. I felt my saliva dripping when I am looking at the food photos or posts. Hmmm.. I can only imagine I'm eating it.. Nom nom  nom..

Another thing I miss about Singapore is shopping! I'm a 'giam giam' (stingy) gal, so I miss shopping at Bugis Village, miss online shopping at some blogshops and also Qoo10! There're so many cheapo daily necessities to buy from Qoo10! There's no Gmarket/Qoo10 website for Italy and they dun ship to Italy. There're other online shopping websites in Europe but there're expensive, for my standard. Oh, and I recently saw the Budget Barbie video and there's flea party every weekend at Lucky Plaza! The clothes and dresses there were selling for like, S$3, S$5, S$8, S$10! There's also outlet shopping at Anchorpoint, where shops like Billabong, Charles and Keith, Cotton On, Pedro etc. sell their merchandise at cheaper price. Oh, this ignites my urge for cheapo shopping! Lolol..

But.. I also often see Facebook posts of the heavy rains in Singapore and the "once in 50 years" flooding, coupled with those 'Monday blue' posts like 'Monday blue and it's raining, I have to drag myself out of the bed'. I felt really glad that I am not in Singapore and the best is, I dun have to worry about Monday blues! Come, say you envy me! Lolol.. Okay, I should stop it! My good life left 4 months nia.. :'(

There're also days when I saw Facebook posts of the super hot and humid weather in Singapore, and I am also happy that I dun have to endure that. I love 4 seasons, because I can wear different types and styles of clothes like jackets, boots, leggings etc. throughout the year. I dun have to always wear that boring t-shirt/spaghetti/tube-top with shorts/skirts and slippers/flats for the dunno how many years as long as I am in Singapore. I have tried wearing my Guess jacket in Singapore and I was sweating like mad even before I stepped out of my house and I decided to take it out. I brought the jacket out with me, hoping that I would feel cold in shopping mall so that I could wear it, but I never used it at all. I also tried wearing boots when I go out in Singapore and my feet sweat like hell when I go home, and there're those people who will ask you "Wah, what's the occasion today ah? Wear boots leh!" =.="""

Other than the weather, what make me feel really glad that I am not in Singapore are the crowded MRT, MRT stations and shopping centers. And of course, part of the crowds are not Singaporeans. That day when I was Skyping with my mum, she was shocked when she went to Chinatown that she totally felt that she was in China. In my mind, I was @#$%%$##!

Hmm.. Although we miss our family and friends in Singapore, but the thought of going back to Singapore and being force to squeeze the train/bus seriously turns us off. We look at the price of a car here in Italy and the price of a car in Singapore, we are like WTF! Being not wealthy force us to squeeze the so-called "first world" public transport lor. Sibei Xian..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has