Skip to main content

Roma: Many many Piazzas and the Free Walking Tour

The first thing I had to say was to recommend the B&B that I stayed in Rome! Rhome Terminal Guesthouse. It was super clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, the TV was pretty, the toilet was spacious, it's just 5 minutes walk from Roma Termini and it was reasonably priced! We got it at 144 Euros for 2 nights! Oh, before I forgot to mention, it was located on the 4th floor.

The main entrance by the road side. Gotta press on the door bell and the reception of Rhome Terminal will open the door for you. After check-in, guests will be given the key of this main door, so there's no need to ring the door bell after that. Oh, another thing to note. As it's a guesthouse, there won't be staff at the reception 24 by 7, so if you are arriving for check-in later than 7 pm, you gotta inform the guesthouse prior to your arrival so that the staff will wait for you.

The modern lift that brought us up to level 4.


Reception area..

Our room..


We were given breakfast vouchers as the breakfast was provided by a cafe next to them. Breakfast includes coffee or tea, a slice of cake, yogurt and fruit juice. 


Okay, enough of the guesthouse haha. There're really many Piazzas in Rome. Piazza ah, not Pizza, different okay? Piazza is something like a square, I think. Usually, a Piazza is a big area with some monuments and water fountains in that area. Below are the main Piazzas in Rome.

1. Piazza Repubblica.

We took this picture from across the road. One thing about the roads in Rome, it's super duper wide and there's no lanes drawn on the road. So we're always blur when crossing roads in Rome.

Santa Maria Basilica. Supposed to be one of the attractions there.

2. Piazza Venezia

It's huge and magnificent! There're 2 guards standing at the left and right of the statue in the middle. Dunno what this building is for though. But it's pretty so we took pictures. Hahaha.


3. Piazza Navona

Some column in the Piazza, dunno what it represents too. 

Church

4. Piazza Dei Popolo

A column in the Piazza. Woo.. Got Egyptian symbols on it.


5. Piazza Di Spagna

The water from the fountain was drinkable. We were told that water from the taps we saw around Rome were all drinkable! 

A column again.. At Piazza Di Spagna..

We followed a free walking tour starting from Piazza Di Spagna. In fact, almost all the free walking tours in Rome start from the Spanish Steps in Piazza Di Spagna. The guide told many stories and history of Rome, which I will not elaborate here. Below are some websites of the free walking tours in Rome.
http://www.newromefreetour.com/ - No prior booking required
http://www.romefreewalkingtour.com/ - No prior booking required
http://www.freetourrome.com/ - Prior booking required and booking fee of 2.50 Euros
Oh, before I forgot. Gotta wear clothes that cover the shoulders and knees in order to enter churches during the walking tour. Otherwise, bring a shawl to cover those parts of the body when entering the church is also feasible.

Our free walking tour guide..


Such taps were seen everywhere in Rome and they're drinkable water..

Another column we saw during the free walking tour..

Ceiling of a church.. So exquisite..

 Exterior of the church..

Pantheon..

So crowded inside Pantheon.. Btw, just for info, Pantheon closes at 7pm.

The interior of the Pantheon was lit up by this single hole at the top of the dome. The guide told us that the hole was there so that there's no barrier between Pantheon and the sky. So what happens when it rains? There's drainage on the floor in Pantheon.

Last stop of the free walking tour, Trevi Fountain. It was super duper crowded at Trevi Fountain. I dun really know what were those people staying there for. We didn't stay long there because of the crowd. We just took some pictures and left. For your info, the guide did ask us to beware of pickpockets at Trevi.

That's not all for Rome. Check out the next post on Colosseum, Pallatine and Roman Forum ^-^


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has