Skip to main content

The Land of Smiles~

After taking a 2 hours flight on a budget airline, we reached Bangkok. Highlight of this trip? Shopping, massage and pamper ourselves! We had massage almost everyday. You can find massage parlor on every street in Bangkok. Massage service at Bangkok is super duper cheap, I would feel sorry for myself if I didn't do it everyday. Er.. Of course, we chose those 'clean' massage parlors. Other than massage, hair treatment, manicure and pedicure are also very cheap. You can pamper yourselves like a princess when you are in Bangkok.

One of the famous attraction we went was the Four-Faced Buddha. You seldom see a Buddha statue right in the middle of the city center and in front of a hotel, but that's exactly where this Four-Faced Buddha is. Heard it was quite efficacious and hence, we went to pray. There was a huge crowd there and you can imagine how popular it is.



My first time at Bangkok - Fish therapy. I think I screamed throughout the whole therapy, it just felt funny and ticklish, I couldn't sit still the whole time.

The hairy legs are not mine. Only one of my legs is in the picture and that's the smooth and smaller one beside the hairy legs..


We purposely planned our trip over the weekend and left Bangkok on Monday because we wanted to go to the well-known Sunday Martket, Chatuchak. We heard that it's very big and they sell super cheap clothes, shoes, accessories, souvenirs and many other stuff. So we were prepared for a shopping spree there!

But I think we had set our expectations too high. It was very hot and sunny there, and I think the hot weather did dampen our spirits a little. No doubt the things sold were very cheap, but we couldn't find much stuff that we liked. If you are looking for fashionable clothes, dresses or shoes, this is probably not the place that you are looking for. Moreover, there's no fitting room to try the clothes or bottoms. So some tops which I bought there ended up too small or too big for me, and I had to give away when I am back in Singapore.

But it's still recommended to put Chatuchak in your itinerary as you can find cheap souvenirs here, and take a look at the famous Sunday Market in Bangkok. Who knows, since there are so many stalls selling different things, you might also find some stalls that sell things you wanted at a cheap cheap price.

Next up, the foodie we ate at Chatuchak. 

Tom Yum soup and grilled chicken with Thai chili sauce for our lunch. They tasted ok, but not fantastic. The grilled chicken was a bit too hard though.


Our dessert, coconut ice cream. This is a gem in Chatuchak. Before we left Chatuchak, we wanna had a second serving of it and searched the stall for a good 20 minutes. Thumbs up!


Some other places where we thought was better for shopping, but slightly more expensive than Chatuchak were MBK and Platinum Mall.


After shopping at the mall, we were walking aimlessly on the road when we stumbled on this roadside stall selling grilled squid. It's so yummy that we bought one stick after another. We didn't care much about hygiene issue at that moment. Hahaha..


After that, we traveled to Chinatown of Bangkok just to eat the Shark's fin and bird nest. There's a lot of Chinese restaurant there and all of the sell Shark's fin and bird's nest. The price is definitely cheaper than Singapore. But we ended up ordering other food as well and our stomach nearly exploded.

Oyster with omelette. The oysters were big and juicy..

Crayfish with vermicelli. It's nice but we had expected it to be Singapore's Thai Village Restaurant's standard. Hahaha.. I think we set the expectation too high. Opps..

Shark's fin with bean sprouts and coriander.. It's yummy!

My dessert, bird's nest..

Boyfriend's dessert, tang yuan in ginger soup


On our last night in Bangkok, we went to a sky bar @ the Dome Lebua State Tower. It's an atas place and the drinks were slightly more expensive than the bars in Singapore. But it's high up on top of the building and the view was stunning. If you are interested and would like to add the sky bar at Lebua State Tower to your itinerary, you may go to this site to find out more about it.
http://www.lebua.com/sky-bar



And finally.. All packed to go back home.. Again :(





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has