Skip to main content

Colmar Tropicale

Colmar Tropicale is a French-themed resort on Berjaya Hills, near Genting Highlands. The resort was designed according to the actual Colmar village in Alsace, France. It did give us a little bit of the 'Europe architecture' feel.





Well, the weather was cooling at around 22 degrees Celsius and the concept of the resort was interesting. But that's about it. 

It was quite touristy at the resort. You would find that the price of food and spa/massage services were quite expensive as compared to KL or JB or other cities of Malaysia. We have paid S$220 per person for the coach and hotel, only to find that the hotel was quite basic and not well maintained, the bed was creaking and we found insects in the washroom sink. 





We took a walk at the Botanical Gardens and Japanese Park. It was a nice walk but it got more chilly as the sun began to set. We were informed by the staff at the resort that there was a Japanese tea ceremony demonstration in a cottage in the Japanese Park, but we missed it. There were cottages in the Japanese Park to provide Japanese spa service, but it was exorbitantly expensive. The rabbit park and a horse riding trail are places in the Botanical Gardens that we didn't manage to cover. You might want to cater some time for these if you are visiting the Botanical Gardens in Berjaya Hills. It's a pity that we didn't take any photos at the Botanical Garden and Japanese Park as we forgot to bring our camera! -.-''' 


We had a nice dinner at a french cuisine restaurant, La Cigogne. The price of a set meal was not very cheap, but it's still worth to give it a try since it's considered a french fine dining and the food definitely made up for it. 

*Sad to say, the photos we took at the restaurant are quite blurred and dark because the restaurant's lighting was dim to create the romantic ambience, and we only brought an old and lousy camera with us! 

Starter: Lobster Bisque
It had a strong seafood taste, and with the smooth creamy texture. We finished it within seconds. Yum yum.

Mains: Grilled salmon and potatoes
The salmon was grilled to perfection. It's not too raw, neither was it overcooked. Coupled with the grilled potatoes and the sauce. It's simply delicious.

Mains: Ribeye Steak
The level of doneness for this steak is medium rare. The sides of the steak was charred to a dark brown color while the center of the steak was pink. It was really tender and succulent. It's very tasty with the mushroom sauce!

Dessert: Custard pie with strawberry and chocolate stick
Not much of a surprise for this dessert except that the crust was really crispy and sweet. The custard, strawberry sauce and chocolate stick were just normal.

Dessert: Chocolate souffle with vanilla ice cream and milk chocolate
We were a bit disappointed as we were hoping for warm melted chocolate to flow out from the chocolate cake like some other chocolate souffle which we had eaten before. But for this, it's just a piece of molten chocolate custard in the middle of the chocolate cake. The vanilla ice cream tasted just like King's ice cream??!!

Entrance of the restaurant


On the second day, we decided to go Kuala Lumpur Berjaya Times Square for shopping! We knew that there's shuttle service between the resort and Berjaya Times Square, but we realized that the transport arrangement between the 2 places were quite crap. The shuttle bus from Colmar Tropicale to Berjaya Times Square was scheduled at 1230 and 1630, while the shuttle bus from Berjaya Times Square back to Colmar Tropicale was scheduled at 930 and 1430. It's quite impossible for us to travel to and fro Berjaya Times Square using the shuttle bus. So we took a one way shuttle bus to Berjaya Times Square which costs 11 Ringgit per person.

Berjaya Times Square is quite a big shopping center and shopping in Malaysia is really shiok. The clothing, accessories, shoes were cheap, and we bought quite a number of stuff. We were busy shopping and opps.. No photos of Berjaya Times Square were taken. ;p

At around 9 pm when the shops started closing, it's time for us to return to Berjaya Hills. We took a cab and the driver charged us 50 Ringgit. I think the amount of money we saved from cheap shopping was used to pay for the cab fee. The return trip was quite an adventure as it was all dark and the cab was travelling at a fast speed despite it was a winding route up the hill.




Okay. That's the last photo I had to share and we're ready to return to Singapore. :(

It's always sad when a holiday ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has